Now Hiring: Event Co-ordinator for momstown Brampton
Are you looking for a way to channel your creative energy? Are you a positive, out-going person inspired by parenting, early education and community? Are you looking for a fun, part-time supplemental income?
momstown.ca is the leading event and media company that connects and supports real Canadian moms. This is a great opportunity for you to earn some spending money while still having the opportunity to both work from home and bring your child to work! This is the perfect role for a SAHM. This position is about passion, creativity, convenience and fun.
Job Description – Event Co-ordinator:
momstown Brampton is currently seeking a creative, self-motivated, and energetic individual for a part-time position as an Event Co-ordinator. In this exciting role you will co-ordinate & execute fun and educational events for mothers and young children age 0-6.
- Create and customize events from designated momstown curriculum
- Personally attend & execute a minimum of 1 event per week, buy & prepare supplies (to be re-imbursed)
- Act as a membership ambassador and liaise with members
- Be an active member and attend events on a regular basis
- Support momstown Brampton through Social Media (comment & like Facebook posts, re-tweet posts on Twitter, comment & share blogs)
- Provide event photos for post event promotion
- Contribute blog posts twice a month of event recap
- Be available for planning committees and regularly brainstorm with chapter owner
- Check Message Board daily for moderation and add content to encourage discussion
- Check calendar for comments on events
- Help with promotion & execution of major events that are member based (seasonal events + HQ national campaigns)
- Outgoing, dynamic leader who is creative, organized, highly self-motivated
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Vested interest in children and parenting
- Comfortable leading Circle/Storytime and craft activities for children
- Live in and have strong ties with Brampton community
- Have a valid driver’s license & reliable vehicle
- Be internet savvy and have home computer and internet
- Have smart phone/camera to take photos of events
- Independent Contract work – 6 month rolling contract
- Paid monthly, flat rate
This position will involve planning events for families with children of all ages. As momstown Brampton grows, there is a distinct possibility this position will evolve into three: 1) Infant, 2) Toddler, and 3) Preschooler Programing Co-ordinator.
momstown.ca is an on-line network for neighbourhood moms wanting to connect for support, conversation and just plain fun! With a lively Message Board and a busy Calendar, momstown Brampton is a great way to get involved with your community while having a blast with your kids. They say it takes a village to raise a child, we say it takes a town!
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.